About Pulborough Patient Link
Our patient liaison group, Pulborough Patient Link (PPL) has formed a Committee.
Each year they endeavour to produce newsletters and organise joint health events with the Practice. Social events also take place during the year.
This group provides an important link between the surgery and patients. We urge
patients to become members (currently subscription is £5 per household per year) and be involved in helping to shape the future of their medical service for the years ahead.
What is the Pulborough Patient Link?
The Pulborough Patient Link (PPL) has a number of aims - all designed to benefit patients in the Pulborough Medical Group Practice.
The PPL is independent of the Practice but works closely with its staff to maximise the benefit to patients.
What do we do?
- we improve communications between the medical staff and the patients;
- we make you aware of innovation and changes within the practice;
- we act as a channel to receive patients' suggestions and constructive criticism;
we offer a forum for the discussion of topical health issues;
- we encourage self-help and support groups for patients with particular needs;
- we plan to raise funds for the purchase of equipment that will improve the treatment offered to patients.
The PPL is run by a Management Committee; PMG is represented by Practice Manager, Alan Bolt. A number of events have been organised and a Constitution has been agreed. In due course we may seek Registered Charity status.
NHS Constitution Link
What can you do to help?
Membership of the Link is open to all patients. We ask for an annual subscription of five pounds a year in return for which you will get four quarterly newsletters posted to your home address, as well as access to the other activities of the PPL. The annual subscription will cover a family at a single address.
Anyone wishing to become a member should contact Robbie Roberts, Membership Secretary on 01798 872345, alternatively print out and complete the Join PPL Form.